Are there admission requirements for the program?

Yes. These are upper level undergraduate courses. You must meet the entrance requirements of Acadia University. You must also have some undergraduate course experience or permission from the program coordinator.

I don't have any teaching experience. Will the course be too difficult for me?

The TESOL Certificate is designed for people from a broad spectrum of backgrounds. The courses will focus on the practical application of theoretical concepts in TESOL. They will be hands-on, and you will get the opportunity to interact with ESL students as well as experienced ESL teachers. The practice of teaching an ESL class is a challenging and rewarding proposition. Having experienced and supportive people around you to provide feedback and to discuss your teaching with, is valuable regardless of your level of experience.

We recommend that all students take a look at the core texts prior to the certificate, and do some reading in areas that they might be unfamiliar with.

I’m an experienced language teacher. Will the course material be relevant to me?

See above.

English is not my first language. Can I take the certificate?

If English is not your first language you will be required to submit proof of English language proficiency. The minimum requirements are TOEFL IBT of 93 or equivalent. If you do not meet the requirements for the course, you can choose to study in our EAP program. Completion of the EAP Bridging Level would also fulfill the language requirement. Please note, in order to apply for TESL Canada Certification, you must meet the language proficiency requirements designated by TESL Canada.

What is the difference between taking the course online or on campus?

Whether you study on campus or online, you will have the same high-quality instruction, practicum options, and ability to apply for TESL Canada certification. Studying online allows you to study from any location, at your own pace, and to adjust the program to your lifestyle.

What order do you recommend I do the three courses?

It is recommended that you study the two theory courses (EDUC 4683 and EDUC 4863) before studying the methodology course (EDUC 4673). This way, you can build your knowledge of teaching practice on a solid theoretical foundation. However, if it is not possible to complete the courses in this order due to time or scheduling constraints, students will still benefit from all three courses no matter in which order they are taken.

Will I get a chance to teach any ESL classes during the course?

If you select the integrated practicum option, you will get over 10 hours of teaching experience within the program. If you select the off-site practicum you will complete your 10 hours of observed teaching with your approved practicum supervisor at a later date.

How much time will be spent teaching?

The Acadia TESOL Certificate includes over 100 hours of instruction by qualified, experienced ESL instructors, 10 hours of observation of ESL classes and 10 hours of practice teaching in an ESL class.

I am unable to take my Practicum on campus. Can I take it off campus?

You can do your practicum in any ESL class with at least 5 students, of whom 80% must be over the age of 18.

The ten hours of directed observations must

be conducted in adult settings (a minimum of 80% of students must be 18 years of age or older) with classrooms of five or more ESL/EFL students

The ten hours of supervised teaching must

be under the direction of a qualified practicum supervisor and/or sponsor teacher to ensure proper assessment and constructive feedback to the trainee provide assessment and feedback orally and in writing to the trainee be conducted in adult settings (a minimum of 80% of students must be 18 years of age or older) with classrooms of five or more ESL/EFL students cover a range of lesson types (see handbook for more information)

What qualifications do you require for a Practicum off campus?

A practicum supervisor must hold TESL Canada Level 1 or equivalent. (Click here for an explanation of TESL Canada standards.

Please have your potential practicum supervisor fill in a credentials form (included in practicum handbook) and submit it to Acadia along with a resume at least three weeks before you start your practicum. This will enable Acadia to ensure that your supervisor meets the minimum requirements.

Do I need a computer?

Technology is an important element of the program and classroom experience, and we recommend that all students choose to bring a laptop computer, provided that it meets the minimum requirements for the course. Students will require a computer and internet connection to complete related course work.

The online TESOL Certificate requires a computer and internet connection that meet minimum requirements. Questions about minimum computing requirements should be addressed to

What resources will I have access to on campus?

You will have access to Acadia’s library system for the duration of the course. All texts on the reading list will be put on reserve at the library, and there will be photocopying facilities there. The reading list for each course is included in the detailed course description. You will also have access to athletic facilities, and many other student resources on campus.

Does the TESOL certificate qualify me to teach in a LINC Program?

Yes, provided you also hold a university degree. Though individual LINC training centres will have different hiring criteria, in general they will require a university degree and a TESOL certificate. Since our TESOL certificate is accredited by TESL Canada it exceeds the minimum requirements of most LINC training centres for the certificate component.

More information on the LINC program can be found here.

Is there a career advisor that I can talk to about work placement opportunities?

During the course, time will be spent on professional development, and job searching. All of our instructors have international work experience and can provide advice and guidance on work placement. If you want to discuss these issues prior to registering for the course please contact and we will be happy to discuss your particular situation, and the professional possibilities that the TESOL Certificate would open up for you.

Who teaches the courses?

All courses are taught by experienced Acadia University faculty. Your Instructor will be available to you by phone or email, as well as through the online course management system.

What does open-entry mean?

Open-entry means that there are no particular registration or start times (ex. monthly, semesters); you can register whenever you’d like and begin shortly thereafter, once your registration has been processed. You’ll usually have up to 6 months to complete your course, but, generally, the pace is up to you.

Are all courses open-entry?

Most of our courses are open-entry, self-paced courses. However, please note that some online courses are term-based, with specific interactive group activities that are dependent on scheduling set by the Instructor. This will be indicated in the course details and description.

Do I have to be an Acadia student to take your courses? What if I’m enrolled at another university?

Anyone is welcome to take our online courses; you will have to apply to Acadia as a part time/distance learner, but each year, many students from other universities in Nova Scotia and beyond choose to take online courses from Acadia.

Can I transfer my credits to another university?

Yes, most other Canadian universities will accept Acadia University credits. If you’re currently enrolled at another institution or have decided where you may wish to transfer your credits, we recommend you contact the institution to verify details and applicability. If you apply with a Letter of Permission, the credit is transferred when you finish your course.

Do online courses count towards my GPA?

Online courses are measured in the same credit-hours as campus courses, and they count towards completion of your degree requirements. They are included in your transcript in the same way any other credit course is.

What’s Open Acadia? What is its relationship with the university?

Open Acadia is a department of Acadia University dedicated to offering flexible programming and learning opportunities to Acadia students and the greater community. As part of this mandate, we provide a diverse array of programming including Acadia’s online courses, Spring & Summer courses, Professional Development, Lifelong Learning, and more.

What is required to register?

You’ll need to be admitted to Acadia for part-time study, and fill out a brief registration form. You must also pay course fees before you begin your study. Please see the documents on our Admission & Registration page, and contact us if you have any questions.

When can I start? When will my registration be confirmed?

The registration process usually takes about 1 week. Approval to take the course may be required if you are in a degree program at Acadia University.

You can begin your course any time after your registration has been confirmed. You will receive an email confirmation.

If you are ordering textbooks frome the Acadia University bookstore, allow at least a week for delivery.

What if I want to complete my course in less than three months?

You should discuss this with your instructor first. Most of our instructors are full-time Acadia faculty with other teaching commitments. They may not be able to meet your timelines.

I have a busy schedule. How long do I have to complete the course?

Typically, you have up to 6 months to complete a credit course, but you may apply for a course extension. Note, however, that some online courses are term-based, with interactive, group activities that necessarily make them less flexible with respect to scheduling.

Can I register for more than one course at a time?

Yes. If you are a full-time Acadia University student, however, there may be some limits on how many courses you can take during the summer or in addition to your typical fall/winter course load. Please contact Open Acadia or your academic advisor for details.

How do I order my textbooks?


When and how will I receive my final grade?

You will be notified by email when your grade has been submitted. You can access your grade by logging your account on the Acadia Central website. It cannot be given to you by e-mail or over the phone.

How do I write my exams if I’m not near the Acadia University campus?

Acadia allows examinations to be proctored at other educational institutions. If you are in a remote area, other proctors may be considered. Contact our office for assistance.

If I need technical assistance with my online course, what should I do or whom do I contact?

You should contact our technical assistant directly at (902) 585-1139 or e-mail our support staff.

Can I use library resources, and how can I borrow books if I don’t live in the area?

The Vaughan Memorial Library provides service to distance education students. More information is available in the Student Handbook you will receive with your course material, or at the library's web site.

Where can I find information on Acadia's Master of Education programs and application forms and procedures?

Calendar information, admissions requirements, application procedures and deadlines are all available on the Graduate Studies website. Application forms are available here. Please refer to website information before forwarding inquiries to the School of Education.

Where can I find information about Acadia's online and distance offerings for the Master of Education programs and information about non-degree study?

Acadia offers a number of graduate education courses and programs for students through a variety of on-line and distance delivery modes. These modes include on-site cohorts (generally arranged through school boards and located in a variety of sites within the province) as well as on-line access. As of yet, we do not guarantee that any graduate program in education is entirely available on-line; part-time students at a distance and not in a cohort generally need to be available to take some summer and/or evening courses on-site in order to complete the program. Nonetheless, Acadia continuously offers a number of graduate courses on-line. Information about available courses, applications for Independent student status (to take a course without or before admission to a graduate program), and about current cohorts are available on our cohorts page.

Can I take the M.Ed. program at a distance?

All graduate education students should be aware that their degree will normally include a combination of face-to-face and on-line courses. Full-time students will take a majority of courses face-to-face, but as the School of Education is a leader in learning and technology, they will normally be expected to take at least one course on-line so that they have direct distributed learning experiences. Face-to-face courses are offered through a variety of models including: three hours once a week over 12 weeks; 4 weekends (Friday night and Saturday); 6 Saturdays; or two and three week intensive courses in the summer intersession.

The M.Ed. (Counselling) program is not offered on-line due to the nature of the core courses in Counselling. It is offered on a part-time basis through cohorts located in various sites in the Province, as well as both full-time and part-time on campus.

What information should my application Letter of Intent contain?

The letter of intent should include the nature and focus of study you wish to pursue in a graduate program. It should also include a discussion of relevant academic study and professional experience related to your program interests. Those applying to the counselling program should outline their motivations and expectations in reference to the counselling program.

I am having difficulty obtaining an academic reference - my undergraduate degree was conferred a long time ago. How do I proceed?

Applicants whose undergraduate degree was conferred ten or more years ago, or who have a Master's degree may substitute a professional reference for the academic reference. All other applicants must provide an academic reference. File processing is slowed when our staff must contact applicants to request missing information. School of Education faculty will not assess an incomplete application.

How closely must applicants meet the two-year teaching or related experience admission requirement? Can study be considered related experience?

The graduate application process is competitive. Applicants must adhere to the two-year teaching or related experience requirement. Study is not considered related work experience.

Are international students admitted to M.Ed. programs in the School of Education?

International students are encouraged to apply for graduate study in the School of Education. There are additional admission requirements for international students, and you are asked to carefully review the documents.

Acadia provides support for international students through the Wong International Centre.

When will I be notifed of the outcome of my application to a M.Ed. program?

Assessment of applications by School of Education faculty will begin only once the program application deadline has passed. M.Ed. Counselling application files are assessed during the month of February and in early March. Short-listed counselling applicants are normally interviewed in March and April. Applications for all other programs are assessed after March 15. For programs other than Counselling, applications that arrive after March 15 will be considered if space is available. The Office of Research and Graduate Studies will inform each applicant of the outcome of their application, usually by the end of April.

I was offered admission to a M.Ed. program. Can I defer my admission to the following year?

The School of Education may defer approval of M.Ed. program entry to the following year for programs other than the Counselling program. Requests to defer approval of program entry must be made within 30 days of the date of the applicant's current offer of admission. Prior to March 15 of the year in which they wish to enrol applicants are required to supply an admission application form, an updated resume, and transcripts of any coursework taken during the previous year.

What financial support is available for graduate students?

Information about Acadia Graduate Assistantships is available through the University's office of Research and Graduate Studies. Application for this financial support is made concurrent with your application for graduate study.

Since admission to M.Ed. programs takes place only once a year (in the early spring) can I take courses before being admitted to a program and count them toward the program?

Students may take up to 12 credit hours (4 courses) as independent students (see 2 above) to be counted toward a graduate program upon admission to the program. However, admission as an independent student does not guarantee admission to the program, and in the case of the M.Ed. Counselling program, all core courses are restricted to students already admitted to the program. Nonetheless, if you meet the admission requirements for an M.Ed. program and believe your application is solid, you may consider beginning by taking a course as an independent student. Independent students are admitted to courses on a space availability basis. Two courses are either required or appropriate electives for all M.Ed. programs and are suitable for IND (independent) students. They are: EDUC 50G3 (Research Literacy) and EDUC 5303 (Principles of Assessment).

What electives are appropriate in my program?

The School of Education does not routinely provide advice concerning the choice of electives. Any programme-specific requirements or restrictions are noted in the calendar; in the absence of any such limitations you may assume that an elective which complements your area of study is suitable.

Can graduate education courses taken at another university count toward my M.Ed. at Acadia?

Students are permitted to transfer a maximum of 12 credit hours of graduate courses from other universities. If the course(s) has not already been taken, a form entitled "Application for Transfer Credit: is to be completed. If the course(s) has already been completed, a form entitled "Application for Graduate Education Transfer Course" is to be completed. Forms are available at Acadia Central. Download and complete this form, attach the relevant course syllabus or syllabi to it (we do not accept brief calendar descriptions), and mail it (or fax it) to the Graduate Coordinator (see contact information below). The Coordinator makes a recommendation to the Registrar's Office, copying it to the student's file. Principles informing transfer credits:

Transfer credits are only accepted from universities that have full-time graduate faculties in Education. Credits can be transferred only if students are registered in a graduate program at Acadia. Courses can be transferred only if they have not been used to satisfy the requirements for another degree or diploma elsewhere. Courses transferred need to make sense in terms of the student's program at Acadia. Transfer is not automatic, i.e., it requires approval. In the case where a student is applying to transfer a credit to replace a mandatory course, the course syllabus is sent by the Coordinator to an appropriate faculty member for assessment. The general principle guiding transfers in this case is that the course elsewhere must be "essentially the same" as the mandatory course it replaces.

If I have taken a course in another graduate program which fulfills the requirements for a similar required course in my program at Acadia, can I get a waiver for the required course?

In the case where a required course is essentially the same as a course a student has taken in another graduate program, students may request a waiver of that course, to then be replaced by an elective course in the student's program at Acadia. Application for a waiver must be made in writing to the Graduate Coordinator, accompanied by a course syllabus, and an official transcript (unless this transcript is already in the student's file). The Coordinator makes a recommendation on the waiver in consultation with an appropriate faculty member, and copies the recommendation to the Registrar, the student's file and to the student.

Can I count significant professional development work as a credit in my M.Ed.?

Students registered in a graduate program are permitted to do 120 hours of professional development activities in lieu of a regular course. Once done, they complete a form entitled "Application for University Credit Equivalent for Workshop, Seminar or Other Training Program." Please refer to the Education Explorations Form. Students will forward the form, as part of a complete package containing certificates of completion and supporting letters, to the School of Education for review and approval. Be sure to state your 9-digit Acadia ID number, your program of study, and your cohort (if applicable). Students will receive a follow up e-mail instructing them to register in EDUC 5143 - Educational Explorations.

The following principles guide credit in Educational Explorations (EDUC 5143):

The PD must be voluntary. Students cannot use PD hours that are required of them as part of their job or that are done on mandatory PD days (such as provincial in-service day in October). The PD must total 120 hours. This is a combination of in-class and out-of-class time, such as would be required for assignments and outside reading. In most cases, the 120 hours of PD must be completed while students are registered in a graduate program at Acadia, i.e., they cannot use workshops or other activities they have done prior to entering one of our graduate programs (see exceptions below). The PD must be documented and verified. Documentation can include certificates provided for workshops, etc, or descriptions of programs that have been verified (signed) by a supervisor. Students must register in, and pay for, EDUC 5143 once it has been approved by the Coordinator.

Exceptions (i.e., accepted even if done prior to graduate program entry):

Module One plus any other two modules offered by the Nova Scotia Educational Leadership Consortium (NSELC). Module One (NSELC) plus the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board Leadership Development Program (signed certificate required). Module One (NSELC) plus the Halifax Regional School Board Leadership Development Program (signed certificate required). The Program for Aspiring and New Program Support (PAN PST) offered by the South Shore Regional School Board plus any two modules offered by NSELC. A registered Reading Recovery program completed within the last seven years. AVRSB Resource Teacher training programs. Participation in a school accreditation as a co-chair.

What things do I need to do as I move closer to graduation?

Review your progress against the requirements stated in your calendar of entry and keep your Program Planner form updated. The School of Education does not evaluate individual programs to determine readiness to graduate. Apply to graduate. If you require a letter confirming completion of degree requirements, you must request it at the Registrar's Office ( Allow sufficient time for staff to process your request.

I was unsuccessful in my application to a M.Ed. program last year and want to re-apply this year. What documents are required?

The Office of Research and Graduate Studies requires the following documents from applicants who are re-applying:

New application noting the student number from the previous application. Application processing fee Verify that the previous references/transcripts are in the School of Educaton - this applies only to the last two processing years. Updated resume If applicable, official transcript of academic work undertaken elsewhere since the initial Acadia application.

What is Intersession at Acadia?

Starting in May and running through July, Acadia University offers a selection of accelerated courses - 3 and 6 weeks in duration. The classes normally run Monday to Friday in 3 hour timeslots starting at 9 AM and 1 PM. These courses have the same academic standing as those offered in regular semesters.

When does the intersession begin?

Each intersession term is 3 weeks. The first term begins in May.

Why do people take intersession courses?

Acadia offers Spring & Summer courses because they provide valuable options for our students. Students choose these courses to reduce Fall/Winter course load, pick up a missing required course, catch up on courses after switching majors, and for a variety of other reasons.

How are intersession courses different?

Although the way a course is taught and its syllabus will vary by instructor, an intersession course will be very similar in content to the same course offered in fall or winter. The courses will offer different pacing, but the same quality instruction and curriculum.

How do I register for a course?

Registration is easy. If you are a current Acadia University student you can register through Acadia Central. If you are a new student or haven’t taken a course within the last 12 months you should register here.

How many courses can I take during Intersession?

A maximum of nine hours (9h) may be taken in each part of intersession, except in science courses with laboratories and graduate courses where the maximum is six hours (6h). Thus, a maximum of eighteen hours (18h) may be taken between the winter term and the subsequent fall term.

Can I use an Acadia Intersession course towards my degree at another school?

In order to transfer a credit to your home university, you will have to fill out a letter of permission request form at your home university’s registrar’s office. Once approved, your letter of permission is your guarantee that your university will count your Acadia University course towards your degree. A copy of your Letter of Permission must be sent to Acadia to ensure that your mark is returned to your home institution.

The course indicates a prerequisite is required. Do you require my transcript?

Transcripts are required as proof of a prerequisite. Special permission may be granted by the instructor.

I can’t pay right now but I want to ensure I have a seat. What can I do?

You can put a course in your backpack but payment is required by the Registration Deadline. Courses with insufficient paid registrations will be cancelled. Please be sure to meet this deadline to avoid disappointment.

Can I take courses on a student loan?

You should discuss this with both your provincial student loans office and Acadia University’s Student Accounts Office.

Can I live on campus during Intersession?

To make arrangements for accommodations on campus during Intersession please contact Residence Life.

Will I receive a refund if I withdraw?

Beginning on the first day of your campus (face to face) course, you will be charged 10% of the registration fee per lecture day for three credit-hour courses. A lecture day is 3 scheduled hours of classes.

If I need to withdraw from my course what grade will I receive?

Please consult the Withdrawal Dates and Consequences chart for more information.

When do I have to submit final grades?

Final grades must be submitted within 10 working days of the end of your course.

Can I have an office and computer?

Office space and the use of a computer can be arranged if required. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require an office or computer.

Where can I get my course materials photocopied?

Please speak to your Departmental Secretary regarding copying. You will be advised of the location of the copier and any user codes required to make copies.

When will I receive my class list?

Class lists are available when you login to Acadia Central. If you are teaching an MEd course, your class list will be emailed to you approximately 10 days prior to the start of your course.

What are the rules for travel and other expense reimbursements?

All travel and other expenses must be approved. Expense claims submitted without prior approval will not be processed.

When will I receive my first paycheque?

All faculty at Acadia are paid monthly. If your course spans several months, please contact Kelli Mahoney at Human Resources for more specific information. She can be reached at or 902-585-1633.

What EAP level will I start in?

The EAP program consists of 4 standard EAP levels and the University Bridging program. The level in which you start will depend on your level of experience and skill when entering the program. You will take a placement test after arriving on campus to determine your starting level.

How many sessions of EAP will I need to take?

This varies between students depending on your level of English experience and aptitude. The majority of our students require 2 or more sessions of EAP before they are prepared for university study. Some students may need to repeat levels.

Where will I live while enrolled in an EAP program?

While studying in EAP, you can stay with a Homestay family, in an Acadia University residence, or off-campus in one of many available local apartments. Please see our Accommodations page for more information.

What is University Bridging?

University Bridging is the final level of the EAP program. In University Bridging, you will continue studying EAP while also completing an Acadia University credit course. You will be able to apply the important English skills and practice gained from your EAP studies to a first-year Arts, Science, or Business course. This unique experience provides you with the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the expectations and challenge involved in an undergraduate course, while you continue improving your English language skills through EAP classes.

Should I enroll in EAP if I’m not planning on attending Acadia University?

Our EAP program will prepare you for academic study at Acadia University or at another English-speaking university in Canada. Even if you have already decided you would like to attend a different university, our EAP program and the small, welcoming environment at Acadia may be the best way for you to prepare for your studies.

What is your language policy?

While in the EAP program, students are expected to speak only in English during classtime and activities. Speaking English as much as possible is the best and fastest way for you to gain experience and improve your skills.

How do I get to Acadia University?

The Acadia University campus is located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, an hour's drive from the provincial capital and international airport in Halifax. For more information about the location of our campus, please visit the Acadia University Visitor Information page.

How do I apply for the EAP Program?

You can access the application form in the EAP website's "How to Apply" section. You can download and print the form from the website using the "Download the Application Form (pdf)" link. Then simply complete the form and fax it to us at (902) 585-1068. The form can also be filled out and submitted online. If you prefer, the application can be mailed to you or sent to you as an attachment via email.

How do I pay for the EAP program?

All fees are to be paid in Canadian Dollars

Fees can be paid by:

Visa or MasterCard Cheque – Payable to Acadia English Language Program Money Order Telegraphic Transfer

If you pay by telegraphic transfer, you should send a RECEIPT of the transfer to Acadia English Language Program and include your full name and your Acadia Student ID #.

Telegraphic Transfer to:

Bank of Montreal
424 Main Street
Nova Scotia,
Canada B4P 1C9

Account # 1010-842

Transit # 02063

Bank Code: 001

Swift Code:

transferring Canadian or other currency, with the exception of United States currency: BOFMCAM2 transferring United States currency: PNBPUS3NNYC

Beneficiary Name: Acadia University

Beneficiary Address: Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada B4P 2R6

What if I get sick while enrolled in the EAP program?

Students in the EAP program are not covered by Acadia's medical plan. Medical Insurance is mandatory and students must obtain adequate medical insurance before they leave home.

We recommend either:

Student Guard Medical Insurance

Telephone: 1 877 873 8447 (toll free) or 1 905 731 8140
Fax: 1 905 731 6676 Email:

INGLE International

Telephone: 1 888 386 8888 (toll free) or 1 416 644 4870
Fax: 1 877 844 6453 Email:

You can apply for coverage before you leave home and request that your medical card is sent to Joy Cunningham at Acadia University. Even though you will not receive your medical card until you arrive at Acadia University, you will be covered for medical insurance.

Can I pay the program fees when I arrive at Acadia?

All of the fees must be paid in full before arriving at Acadia University. This is necessary to ensure that you have secured a placement in the English program.

There is a minimum 30-day hold on money that is sent to Canadian Banks from International countries. Please send payments one to two months prior to the EAP session start date.

Who teaches your programs?

Acadia University Professional Development programs feature instruction from both Acadia University faculty and experts from various industry sectors. In both cases, your program will be conducted by professionals with extensive experience both inside and outside the classroom.

Are discounts available?

Yes, we offer discounts for groups, as well as Acadia students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Early bird discounts are often available for programs with set start times.

Do you offer Project Management training?

Our Project Management program is currently unavailable, but we encourage you to contact us regarding future availability.

If you are interested in Customized Programs or group training for your organization, we may have a Project Management training option that fits your needs and budget.

I work for a not-for-profit or governmental organization. Are your programs right for me?

Our Professional Development programs are not necessarily "corporate" like those of some of our competitors.

We have specifically approached our teaching and program development to provide effective learning for professionals in both not-for-profit and for-profit organizations of various sizes. Our instructors come from a variety of backgrounds, and are accustomed to working for and with various types of organizations. Our students have included a number of participants from Nova Scotian health and educational organizations, among other not-for-profit and for-profit groups.

What does membership provide?

Free credit course audits (age 50+ only)

As a member you will be able to audit credit courses for free.

Free access to the Vaughan Memorial Library using ALL membership card

As a member you will be able to use the Vaughan Memorial Library for free.

Discounted ALL course fees

As a member, you will enjoy reduced course fees.

Participation in special events throughout the year

Potlucks, BBQs and other social events to unite the members as a group!

Free Seminars, Lectures and Readings

Stimulating one-day lectures highlight areas of interest and current research in a wide variety of subject areas. Lectures are continually being added, so please check the website or our Facebook page.

Email list of Acadia community events

Brown Baggers lunches

How do I join?

Complete the course registration form.

When can I become a member?

You are encouraged to join at any time. Your membership will be activated upon receipt of the application, giving you immediate access to the benefits that an ALL membership offers. Memberships are annual, August 1 - July 31.

How do I receive my ALL membership card?

Current members of the Acadia Lifelong Learning Centre (ALL) should have received an ALL membership card in the mail. New members will receive their card, payment receipt(s) and a letter/email confirming the course(s) or seminar(s) for which they have registered.

What does membership cost?

Annual membership (August 1 - July 31) costs $25.00.

Where are the classes?

Acadia's Lifelong Learning Centre classes are held on the Acadia campus unless otherwise indicated. Click here for a campus map if you are unfamiliar with the university.

Wolfville Public Library

From Acadia University head towards Wolfville on Main Street. Take the first left, Elm Avenue. The library is in the old railway station building, next to the parking lot on the right hand side of the road.

Port Williams Community Centre

From Wolfville turn North at Greenwich Irving Station travelling towards Port Williams. Head North along Main Street passing Belcher St. Community Centre is located on your left. Enter the Senior’s Room from the parking lot at the back of the building.

Kings Presbyterian Church

5563 Prospect Road, New Minas. At Exit 12 of Hwy 101 just past the Irving Big Stop on the left.

When are courses offered?

Courses are generally offered twice per year:

Fall (September-November) Winter (January-April)

The Acadia's Lifelong Learning Centre Calendar is published at the end of August each year. Remember to sign up early, as enrolment is limited. Additional lectures, workshops, and field trips may be scheduled throughout the year.

How can I enquire about teaching a course?

We are continually looking for interested resource people who would be willing to share their knowledge with the rest of the community. Contact us at 902-585-1434 or email and let us know what you are interested in teaching.

How do I access the Vaughan Memorial Library?

Once your ALL membership card is activated this is all you will need to use the Library. To activate your membership card go to a staff member at the Main Desk in the Vaughan Memorial Library. Bring your ALL membership card and photo identification (e.g. driver’s license). Your library access must be reactivated each year once you have renewed your membership.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL memberships are valid from August 1 - July 31. If your membership is not renewed each year your library privileges will expire and you will be unable to use your card.


Contact Us

Website Feedback: Suggestion Box
Phone: 902-585-1434
Toll-Free: 1-800-565-6568
Fax:  902-585-1068 
Box 118
38 Crowell Dr
Willett House, Acadia University
Wolfville, NS 
B4P 2R6